To help you choose your preferred chat window, we’ve outlined the pros and cons of both options.
Inline chat windows
With inline chat, you’re getting a window that remains in constant view while visitors browse your website.
Your customers can continue the conversation whilst exploring your site, without having to click in and out of separate windows.
Inline chat window pros:
- – A seamless experience for the user
- – Visible, accessible chat
- – No disruption to the online journey
Inline chat window cons:
- – You must add tracking code to all your web pages
- – If the visitor exits your website, the chat will end
- – Restricted window size
Pop-out chat windows
The user needn’t stay on your site to continue a pop-out chat session. Once a chat is launched, the window stays open until the user manually closes it.
It runs independently from web activity, and can be resized and moved around the visitor’s screen.
Pop-out chat window pros:
- – You need only add tracking code to the pages you’d like a chat option on
- – Window design can be as large or as detailed as you wish
- – A flexible window that stays open even after site exit
Pop-out chat window cons:
- – Window can lose focus and become lost amongst open apps
- – Disjointed experience between chat and website journey
- – Potential issues with pop-up blockers